Top Tip in Declutter Challenge 3: Roster and Rewards
“Why do we roster and why do we do rewards? This is continuing on from setting that calendar. Of course, it is critical to have your roster. I like to think that if you can view this downsize or rightsize, it actually ends up being your part-time job.”
With over a decade of experience as a Property Makeover and Change Specialist, Belinda has spent many years helping transform homes and lives. You will find all aspects of Downsizing and Decluttering covered by Belinda in this podcast, “Declutter Challenge 3 : Roster and Rewards” including Q&A asked by seniors in a friendly, relaxed environment, your home!
Roster & Rewards
Think of downsizing as a part-time job. Downsizing or “Rightsizing” is not something you can squeeze into a Thursday night or Friday night because it happens over months. Come up with a roster for yourself that works out with your normal activities.
Rewards is critical to have in your calendar. When you add the rewards into your calendar, this will motivate you to stick to the plan.
What You Will Need in this Roster and Rewards Decluttering Challenge
As well as your roster with allocated tasks and your rewards, you will also need to stock up on some items to help you in the process of decluttering such as boxes and packing tape. All of these items are essential and should be at hand so you keep going.
Tackling Each Space
- You should be able to pick up an item and make a decision about that item. Should it stay, or should it go?
- Lighten the load and get rid of things you no longer need.
- 5-step approach to decluttering – use and do it once
- Remember if the item is going to stay in the room you are clearing, it must be above your ‘7’ on your ‘How much do I love you?’ scale – you absolutely have to love it!
Top Tips & Challenge Homework
- Brainstorm Rewards and Roster
- Sketch up your 1 – 10 love scale! Display next to where you are working
- Refer back to your calendar and update your hours – ensure they are working /make adjustments as necessary
- Declutter challenge homework
Rightsize Your Home Online Course
Part 2: The Declutter Challenge – Planning and Getting ‘Stuck In’ to Your Family Home Declutter
Are you feeling overwhelmed about the task ahead? Sorting through your things can stir up mixed emotions from the past and you may not feel ready to ‘let go’.
Rightsize Your Home Part 2: The Declutter Challenge helps future downsizers you learn how to move through the process in the right manner, so you can get the job done. This course will show the way with clear, straight forward steps.
As you make progress, you will begin to notice how much better you feel. This is the ultimate motivator to keep you going!