“A lot of time you can visualize how the rooms in a home can be used, but sometimes the rooms are difficult to furnish or could be an odd shape. The aim of the stylist is to lay out the furniture really effectively to encourage buyers to see how space can be best used, therefore create competition and also add value.”
With over a decade of experience as a Property Makeover and Change Specialist, Belinda has spent many years helping transform homes and lives. You will find all aspects of Downsizing covered by Belinda and her special guest, Sarah Toland, one of the Senior Property Stylists of Advantage Styling, in this workshop, “How Furniture Hire Can Get You The Sale!” including Q&A asked by seniors in a friendly, relaxed environment, your home! This online workshop is FREE.
Is it ok to use the furniture that I already have to present my home for sale?
- Yes, but make sure that your existing furniture align with the style of the house and demographic.
- Is it what your target market wants to see?
- Your existing furniture should be in good condition.
- The existing style of your furniture should tie into the new furnishing provided by the stylist.
Is it better to show your home with nothing in it instead of hiring?
- The aim of styling is to encourage buyers to see placement of furniture and engage in the overall senses of the furnishings.
- An empty property can look cold and uninviting.
- Your house can take longer to sell when unfurnished.
- It can also look smaller and people may not not see how to use the space to its fullest potential.
Why would you hire furniture instead of using your own?
- Existing furniture can look tired, worn out or over cluttered.
- The size of the existing furniture may be too bulky for the space and overpower the room.
- Existing furniture may not be aligned with the demographic or style of home.
- Using a stylist, they have the ability to streamline spaces for easy flow and use furniture to fit the space.
- Using a stylist, we can apply contemporary pieces to appeal to a wide range of buyers
How much is it to hire furniture and how does it work?
- Each property, the space is divided into rooms and costed according to items required for that room. Pricing varies on the amount of items used to achieve the unique look and desirable style.
- When quoting, each room is broken down and inventory is itemised so the vendor knows exactly what is being provided into each room.
- Price ranges – 3 bedrooms house start from $4500 – $7000
Top tips for furnishing to sell plus Q&A
- Keep it neutral
- Use furniture to fit the space
- Focus on key rooms
- Add a touch of freshness with plants or floral arrangements
About Sarah Toland:
Sarah is one of the Senior Property Stylists of Advantage Styling. With a start in the corporate sector, Sarah blends her passion for interiors and property styling with exemplary client management skills. After graduating with an Interior Design diploma from Sydney Design School, Sarah went on to gain experience with interior design companies and also established her own property styling business.
Sarah was Head of Styling in a Sydney styling agency before joining Advantage as a Senior Property Stylist. Having styled hundreds of properties across Sydney, Sarah’s ability to move seamlessly between demographics, budgets, and trends is paramount to her success within the industry.
Sarah specializes in styling properties throughout the North Shore, Hills District, and Inner City.
Rightsize Your Home ONLINE COURSE
Part 2: The Declutter Challenge – Planning and Getting ‘Stuck In’ to Your Family Home Declutter
Are you feeling overwhelmed about the task ahead? Sorting through your things can stir up mixed emotions from the past and you may not feel ready to ‘let go’.
Rightsize Your Home Part 2: The Declutter Challenge helps future downsizers you learn how to move through the process in the right manner, so you can get the job done. This course will show the way with clear, straight forward steps.
As you make progress, you will begin to notice how much better you feel. This is the ultimate motivator to keep you going!