In this post, Jenny Simmonds and Belinda Woolrych discuss the top tips for doing your Rightsize and creating financial freedom.
TOP TIPS FOR DOING YOUR RIGHTSIZE AND FINANCIAL FREEDOM
- Choose a financial planner well. Don’t do anything without one if you want to achieve financial freedom.
- I think it’s important to choose the right one that’s in the downsizing niche and not to try and make these huge financial steps by yourself.
- See a financial planner EARLY, in particular implications on pension, gifting, asset protection in general.
- I think the earlier, the better. So just planning early and not leaving it too late in the process is a good idea and I think a lot of people put it off.
- Understand the arrangements and contracts of when and where you are going.
- This is particularly important when we’re considering villages so the contracts out there vary quite considerably.
- Give the property its best chance to present well, to set you up for a profitable move.
Read the book! Rightsize Your Home, The Empty Nester’s Guide To A Stress Free Downsize, Chapter 2.
Today’s blog is a nugget from last week’s Right Size Your Home Online Workshop. Join me as I take you through the Rightsize Your Home framework to help and support you move through the process effectively and efficiently with a practical, step-by-step roadmap on how to overcome the fears and challenges of Rightsizing and plan to make the journey a fun, stress-free and profitable process.
This Online Workshop is full of tips and guidance: How Can I Afford to Downsize?
With over a decade of experience as a Property Makeover and Change Specialist, I have spent many years helping transform homes and lives. My experience in helping those looking to Downsize has led me to write my first book – Rightsize Your Home – The Empty Nester’s Guide to a Stress-Free Downsize, available to download or in hardcover.
Let’s do something amazing. We transform property and change lives. How can we help you?
Do you love Rightsize Your Home Podcasts? Subscribe on iTunes, Spotify or Google and never miss an episode.
What is your biggest takeaway from this blog? Share with me in the comments.