You will discover our 4-step Downsizing Roadmap designed to help guide you on your Downsizing journey.
If you are thinking of downsizing or you have already begun to make your next move, you may be feeling a little overwhelmed which is completely understandable – you have a big job ahead of you.
You will be sure to achieve an exceptional outcome both emotionally, physically and logistically in your downsizing training by following this downsizing roadmap wherein each step in the roadmap is segmented. Please consider these steps carefully and follow the right order, as detailed below.
STEP 1: DECISION MAKING
The first step in the downsizing roadmap is often the hardest, your decision to move. Discussing your options with the right professionals and making the right decision is imperative. You may be thinking of building a granny flat and renting out your property, or selling and moving into a lifestyle village or a smaller place of residence. These are the most common options. You will need to consider your new location and the most appropriate transition depending on your financial and personal circumstances.
- Discuss your options with your Financial Planner / Advisor. When you understand your financial situation, you will feel more confident about your future plans.
- Connecting with your Local Agent (selling or buying agent) and requesting an evaluation at this stage is a must. Being unaware of your current situation or the options available may see you head down the wrong path.
STEP 2: PROPERTY POTENTIAL
The next step is about preparing your home for sale / rent to increase appeal. Your property may just need a fresh coat of paint and some new carpets or you may be advised to renovate. If you present your home in the best manner and it appeals to your ideal target market, you will attract the right buyer and achieve the best possible result. The required spend at this stage should be considered an investment. If you do not have any money to spare to improve your home, drawing on your equity until the settlement date may be a viable option. You will need to discuss this with your Financial Planner.
- Your Property Makeover Specialist / Moving Coordinators or Local Agent can help you understand the potential of your property. If you are unsure who to contact, you can reach out to us to ask at email@example.com.
- If you sell your property ‘as is’ you may not achieve the best outcome, and your property could remain on the property market for a lengthy period.
STEP 3: DECLUTTERING
You will need to need to spend time going through your things and decide what you will keep, sell or toss. Having your future plans in mind can help you move through this stage more peacefully.
- Your Property Makeover Specialist can help you declutter in a strategic and easy manner. They can also connect you with an Auctioneer and other service providers to help you sell any valuable items you would no longer like to keep.
- You will need to pay for an additional storage solution if you keep too many things and they do not fit in your new home. This is false economy.
STEP 4: THE SELLING PROCESS
Now it is time to move through the selling / leasing process with your selected Local Agent. You can discuss the options of selling privately or by auction depending on your circumstances. Selling your home quickly and with ease requires step 1-3 being completed first.
- Your Selling Agent will guide you through the selling process and keep you informed every step of the way when it’s time to sell.
- Choosing an agent based on commission alone may not result in the best outcome.
You can find out more about all this when you complete our online courses. We recommend you start with Part 1: Shifting Your Mindset.
Shifting Your Mindset – Understanding The RIGHT TIME, Moving Roadblocks, And How To Be READY For Your DOWNSIZE.
This online course for empty nesters is designed as the first step of a 3-part program focusing on improving your mindset and can be completed independently or as a pre-requisite to Part 2 and Part 3 for the full ‘Rightsize Your Home’ program.
Rightsize Your Home Online Course Part 1: Shifting Your Mindset will help you understand where you are currently at and help you move through any overwhelming thoughts that may be stopping you from moving forward. Also, you will begin to plan and feel more excited about your next chapter!
We invite you to try this online course, click below now.